Paris

Friday, December 14, 2007

The bigger the better





I've discovered a polymer clay artist on Etsy...ZudaGay. She created this awesome pendant. I'm sure it's too elaborate for some people, but it took my breath away. I've requested to have the same design in deep jewel tones...just for me!

So tell me what you think: blue, purple and pink in the flowers with a deeper teal background? It's going to be gorgeous!

This is a biggie, about 3.5 inches wide. I've been noticing on t.v. and movies that pendants are absolutely gigantic these days as well as really large beads in necklaces so ZudaGay and I are right in step.

Large, unique jewelry is the style I envisioned when I began RockerJewlz but I've long been in a very simple design mode...refined is a word a friend used recently for my work. I think it's because I was trying to pump out as many pieces as I could in a short amount of time to get noticed.

Now I need to move into the world where I lose myself in design and create big, wild pieces that speak to one's soul.


There will be plenty of time for that between now and summer when shoppers will once again splurge on jewelry! So, lots of hearts will be coming for Valentine's Day, and the rest of the time will be spent gaining exposure and designing, designing, designing!

2 comments:

Luann said...

Such a gorgeous piece!!

I am wondering who the artist was that made the sort of free-form heart very low on your blog page. I've been looking for boro focals for my kumihimos.

Thanks again for commenting on my web!!

Luann

RockerJewlz said...

The artist is the awesome Payton Jett of www.greenglasscafe.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails