Paris

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Smaller Clay Roses


I was challenged with a custom request to make smaller clay roses than I did on my first try in February (with that blue rose above which is about 18mm). The new ones are 11mm in my custom mix of yellow and white to produce this cream color...gosh, it was so much fun!

I figured out more of an assembly line method for preparing the "petal" layers so that wrapping them around each other was much faster. I also used a headpin instead of my ice pick that was perfect for the large flower but NOT these itty bitty guys!


So, you'll be seeing more roses in my clay shop as this week my goal is to put at least 3 more colors THERE.

I'm still working on my 2 cupcake surprise items that will be a new line for RockerJewlz, so I'll show those to you in a week or so. One is in clay and the other is in a new style of lampwork cupcake tops. This is a good week to be creating from home since more rain is on its way.

I had a great 4 day holiday and hope you did too.

1 comment:

Soph said...

wow these are beautiful! Can't wait to see your surprise cupcakes :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails