Paris

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Something Special


Ahh, a nice weekend at home. I'm working on something special with this amazing glass item in black and fuschia. I mentioned it in a previous post so I thought I'd give you a little taste of what is coming. Think cranberry for that deep pink glass. I have some pretty Czech glass in the same color and I'm challenging myself to work all this into a necklace with a Victorian feel. We'll see what I end up with.

Speaking of something special, my dad brought home one of these fun pincushions home after being stationed with the Navy in Japan during the Korean war. As a child I always thought it was a very unique and unusual item. When my mom passed away, Dad got rid of so many items in the house and I have a feeling this might have been one of them since I haven't seen it anywhere. I might be wrong, but nonetheless when I saw these tiny ones at Cost Plus World Market around Christmas I thought I'd get one of my own.

How many of you have one of these?

I'll be back during the week with fresh cupcake jewelry to show you.

1 comment:

Juli Cannon said...

MizzJewlz, That is one gorgeous piece of glass and I am really looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

The only pin cushions I have are my fingers, and yours looks like so much more fun what with the 4 voodoo heads.

Related Posts with Thumbnails