Paris

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Super Shine


Yay, my first piece of silver from precious metal clay!


This was an interesting process. I felt this and the two other designs seemed awkward and clunky until I put a patina on them that blackened the crevices. Now the finish looks somewhat like polished nickel and it changed a the look of a tiny heart enough for me to feel proud to include it as the danglie on a Christmas ornament.

It all turned out better than I'd hoped so I'm on my way, in fact, I think I'll keep the leaf you see here for myself.

I'm having fun on Etsy, a site where every item must be handmade in order to be posted for sale. Come on over and see my little shop. If you don't find what you need on www.RockerJewlz.com, you'll probably find it on Etsy!

Julie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails