Paris

Friday, May 14, 2010

Watermelon Cupcakes

Can you BELIEVE these fruity cupcakes??? Absolutely spectacular! And just WAIT until you hear the story behind them...


I have had a crazy 2 weeks in the bead world. A couple of weeks ago I had a dream of a very specific color combination...not the bead shapes themselves, but just how pretty the color combo would be. The NEXT day one of my favorite bead artists just happened to list a set in those very colors! Well, you know I had to order them, right?

Then that night I dreamt about watermelon colors. A favorite artist of mine, Cathy, makes pretty beads in that theme so the next morning I contacted her about the possibility of putting them into a cupcake shape. I left her thinking about it.

Later that evening I was going through Facebook to find bead artists to add as friends and I sent a request to Cathy's sister, also a glass artist, of whom I was aware but had not dealt with before.

Well, when "Sis" contacted me to say that she would add me, she told me that she had spoken to Cathy earlier and Cathy mentioned the watermelon cupcake idea. Sis just about flipped out when she told Cathy that that very day she had been attempting to put a watermelon theme into a cupcake shaped bead. Wowie zowie!


Sis sent me photos and we talked about other color combinations and boom, zang, whiz, here we are with spectacular jewelry featuring these very unique beads. I love the wet look in the icing...if I am correct, that is Rubino glass over pink to give it that effect.

I have other combinations of these colors as well and am playing with a bracelet idea. If that doesn't pan out, I will release more earring pairs for you.

You can see more details and photos HERE. And remember, if you can dream it, it might just become reality!

2 comments:

Silver Parrot said...

I love it when "Bead Serendipity" happens :-)

Imagery by Kimberly said...

Oh so fun AND gorgeous... love it!

For sure - if you can dream it, it can come true!!!


xo,
Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails