Paris

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hey daffodil!


I was happily surprised by daffodils springing from the bulbs that rejuvenate themselves annually in my backyard. I think they've been there at least five years...I don't water them or tend to them in any way...they just surprise me every time. I plucked a few and placed them in this little blue vase that sits in my kitchen's bay window along with the short green candy dish of my grandmother's and the large jar of my mother's. What a nice back drop they make...there is lovely glass in my life even if it's not in a handmade bead.

I haven't blogged in a while because I was nursing my son through that blasted flu...he had it for a week, fever and all. That same week just happened to have a big project for me every day, so by the weekend I was ready to relax, but still had to deliver and then pick up our income tax papers, buy a new car battery and have the tires on my recently purchased used car replaced.

Luckily my husband was able to join me and make it all enjoyable rather than feeling like a chore. Yesterday I vegged and today I was able to spend time with my lovely son that isn't home much. We had lunch after shopping for a bike for him and it was just a wonderful time, chatting and swapping stories. I told him how I treasure these few moments together while he still lives at home.

Otherwise, I have a couple of earring pairs to work on and then must get busy designing beautious spring jewelry. Until then.....ta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a watercolor painting to me. The way the light is catching everything and playing in the glass. Pretty pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails