Paris

Sunday, November 22, 2009

They're almost here


I feel like one of Santa's elves, working in my studio to pump out some beauties for holiday shopping. I should have pretties to show you in the next couple of days so be sure to check back.

My 21 year old son got a job he wanted so that he could save up and then afford to move out and live with a couple of his good buddies. It's wonderful and long awaited by him and yes, I'm happy my husband and I will then start what will be our future retirement set up with just the two of us. Of course, if our son has to do what WE both did at one point, move back home to stash some cash, we will welcome him gladly for a temporary stay.

But man, these feelings I have about not being needed as a mom....which have been brewing for the past few years, are starting to come close to the surface and I'm thinking, wow, what do I do now? I know, start a fresh journey for me and my husband. For years, I've grasped those wonderful moments of knowing son will be home for dinner that night so it makes cooking it more special. Just him needing me for that one thing gives a boost to my day.

So, without that, hmmmm it's going to be very interesting finding how I boost my SELF during the day. Maybe I'll volunteer at the kindergarten classes up the street to get that sweet, unconditional love children have oozing from their pores. I DO know that I'm going to enjoy jewelry design more. I'm one of those artists who need as much peace as possible to work...which isn't very realistic in our noisy world. Just knowing someone can walk in the door at any moment can often keep me from even starting a project. Silly I know, but true nonetheless and I KNOW I'm not alone in that.

So that portion of my future I look forward to...long hours of free alone time to let my creative side of the brain blossom. That ought to boost my day!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails