Paris

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Seems like yesterday...



Well, as hard as it is for me to believe, my "baby" turned 20 today! No longer is there a teenager living in my home. Wow...just...........wow.

He's my one and only child with a heart of gold, a slim and trim physique and fabulous face...what a wonderful person he is!

Still drives me crazy sometimes, but once he's out on his own, he'll realize how great he had it here...and he'll be back to tell us so!

On a different vein, I busted my toe last week! Slammed it into a nearly invisible wooden sofa leg and I mean I really slammed it. It hurt more than just a stubbed toe, but I didn't think beyond that...then, I wasn't concentrating on protecting it when I was walking around a few days later...and I took a step like I normally would, and it felt like I'd bashed it all over again.

With parties, holidays, LOTS of family birthdays and Christmas prep, time went by and today it hit me that tomorrow is 10 days since I first injured it...geez, I canNOT believe that much time went by.

I was lucky to get into urgent care today and x-rays showed there was indeed a break in the center toe of my right foot. Doc says 3 weeks is the usual recovery time and I'm already a third into that, so I taped the toe to it's neighbor for stability and I have a special flat and stiff sort of sandal thingy to keep my foot in a proper healing position.

So, all in all, not too bad. I only needed Advil that first night and I can get around...it's just exhausting after a while to hobble about. I'll just have to get photoged from the knee up for Christmas photos!

The xrays were really cool...had to go to a different building for them and when I returned to the doc's office, he pulled them up on his computer...bam, there they were on the monitor...how cool is that. Technology just keeps getting better.

In contrast to technology, on the handmade jewelry front, I'm ordering special pretty hearts for valentine's day to add to my pretty hefty heart box...I'm going to have fun pumping out Valentine's Day jewelry!

Stay tuned and Merry Christmas as well as Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails