Paris

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Branching Out


I discovered these Japanese Tensha lucite beads on Etsy and just had to have them. I got 5 different color combos. These to the left look very Victorian to me and I LOVE anything Victorian.

I wouldn't have wanted to live in those days due to the lack of women's rights, having to wear corsets and pumping water, but the depth of detail in the rich textiles, color, art and architecture just fascinates me. I don't think any other era can top it in so many venues across the board.

As for jewelry, I've focused on lampwork and silver and now need to branch out. A year ago I would not have purchased lucite...I wanted to keep the jewelry purely the top notch materials. But now I'm leaning towards a bit of kitsch here and there and lucite fits the bill.

I'm working on a pink and red cupcake bracelet that I can hardly wait to show you! Just have to get it approved by the customer, finish it up and share it with you. Until then....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails