Paris

Friday, May 8, 2009

BloomingBirds

For your Friday entertainment, here is a complete series of the fabulous Bird of Paradise making its attempt to peek into my yard. I know some of you don't like this particular flower but I find ithe progressive opening of its "beak" to release the orange blossoms quite fascinating. Each day I would happen to look out there and say "oh man, look at the sunlight coming through that orange!" and I'd grab my camera and click.
Remember Robert Redford in "The Electric Horseman" getting angry at Jane Fonda for joining him out in the country with her ridiculous boots from "BloomingBirds"? (instead of Bloomingdale's). I thought of that as I was naming this post. Ah, Redford when he still had long hair and that amazing mustache...yum.
Wait for it....wait for it........


Ta-da!!! Look at that beak now! Completely open to show, sheesh, what...9 petals that were hiding in there???? Beautiful...happy Friday to you.

4 comments:

The Jeweled Postcard said...

Wow! Cool pictures! It is an amazing flower!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Such a silly bird ;)

Great pictures!

Snooky doodle said...

wow that looks great and beautiful !

Bella Sinclair said...

Haha! Glorious! Thanks for showing us the wonderful finale. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails