Paris

Sunday, March 9, 2008

My World in Black and White



My bead world is black and white. After finding me through MySpace, a business woman invited me to consign jewelry at her upscale hair salon in Manhattan, aka New York City, that also features sleek, modern silver jewelry as well as clothing.

Fashion has always been my greatest inspiration for jewelry design and was immediately inspired when I visited the fashion designer's website. She works mainly in black and for this year's spring/summer line, white is the contrast color and the shape and weight of her designs will be a perfect backdrop for lampwork jewelry.

I love working with black and white in jewelry. When devoid of color, the beads become simply glass with texture and design that require an entirely new view of combining materials to best enhance them.

I've ordered several bead styles in black and white beads to round out my inventory, such as those above by Serena Thomas, so that I can assemble about 8 pieces and get them across the states in time for spring...of course, spring probably won't truly visit there until April, but it WILL come (really!).

I'm celebrating this new venture!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails