Paris

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Back to school for me





As I mentioned in the past, I've discovered that I'm working backwards in developing jewelry lines. I now understand why business plans are important. I had lots of ideas when I started a year ago and then veered off the path in excitement. Now I find I have to go "back" and learn techniques that will provide a much needed unique flair to RockerJewlz.

Time for me to get some book learnin'. I've long had the desire to learn to work with fine silver, so for a while I'll be in school, so to speak. I'm awaiting a couple of books that will teach me to work with fine silver using art clay and am having a rather tough time finding books on Viking or Knit silver. This is an interesting method by which you wind soft, fine silver around pegs and then "draw" it through a series of progressively smaller holes in order to end up with a chain.

I also await wire mesh ribbon that will add depth and shape to my creations, so, while I await books and supplies, I'll be mixing in some jewelry to add to www.RockerJewlz.com as well as Etsy but wanted you to know that I'm mainly focusing on the learning for now.

Hopin' for an A+ in these areas...stick with me and you'll be rewarded with beautiful jewelry.

Julie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails